We’re counting down to August 4th and are looking forward to seeing you at the UO campus in Eugene for the kickoff to the 2017 LERC/AFL-CIO Summer School! We’ve gathered up some details that will help you get ready.
Attendee Packet with agenda, details and other events
Here are some quick-and-easy STEPS to make your check-in go smoothly.
1) FIRST, PARK and GET YOUR PARKING PERMIT
- We will have people stationed at the parking lots to hand out parking permits.
- If you are NOT staying in the dorms: You need a parking permit on Friday until 6 pm. After that, daytime parking is free for the weekend in visitor lots. Proceed to lots 55/46 for permit and to park
- If you ARE staying in the dorms: You need OVERNIGHT permits for the whole weekend. Go to the overnight lot, 51 for your permit. If that lot is full we will have a shuttle from lot 59.
2) Beginning at 3:30, check in and get your registration packet in the Global Scholars Hall Lobby
3) If staying in the residence hall, go to the Housing desk in the Global Scholars Hall Lobby to get your room access.
4) Wireless instructions are available from the housing desk
5) Get comfortable, and then proceed to the Global Scholars Hall ballroom for dinner at 6:30 pm.
The weather in August is often hot, so please be prepared. The dorm rooms are not air conditioned, and we recommend bringing a fan and a water bottle. LERC will have a limited number of fans available for check-out. Saturday’s dinner is an outdoor picnic, but there will be some shaded seating.
We look forward to seeing you all on Friday the 4th of August for LERC-OR AFL-CIO Summer School 2017! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Labor Education and Research Center
University of Oregon
1289 University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403‑1289