December 1-6, 2018
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
This 5-day intensive bargaining training is designed for union staff and bargaining teams that negotiate contracts in both the public and private sectors.
- Contract Campaigns: developing leaders, engaging members and building power in the workplace
- Strategic Research
- Developing the Bargaining Committee
- Writing and Presenting Contract Proposals
- Table Tactics
- Costing Contract Proposals (and Excel spreadsheets)
- Legal Considerations in Bargaining
- Financial Analysis
- Bargaining Over Health Care
- Combatting Bias – Strategies for Equity & Inclusion in the Bargaining Process
- Post-Janus Strategies *New this year!
- The Institute culminates in a 4-hour mock bargaining session that is video-taped and de-briefed with faculty.
Collective Bargaining Institute Instruction Team
Guest Instructors (tentative)
Susan Crumpton, Oregon Education Association
Ron Teninty, International Brotherhood of Teamsters (retired)
Annabel Torres, Oregon Nurses Association
Barbara Diamond, Diamond Law
Andy Boeger, SEIU Local 503
Nicole Rappaport, Tedesco Law Group
Jaimie Sorenson, Kaiser Permanente
Debra Kidney, AFSCME
This residential program is held at the Menucha Retreat Center in Corbett OR (about 30 mins east of Portland)
Registration fees include room and board as well as all materials and instruction. There is also a commuter rate available for those who live within easy driving distance of the site. The opening session on Saturday Dec 1st is in the evening. On Sunday Dec 2 – Weds Dec 5, the program will run from 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. We will end by 1:00 p.m. on Thursday Dec 6th.
Single room $1,260
Double room $1,030
Commuter $900 (includes lunches and dinners)
Rooms are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
For questions, contact Nikki Rudiger at email@example.com